Sunday, August 1, 2010

Burglar Foiled By Persistent Neighbor and Technology

The following was received from Dannie Botros regarding a recent burglary.

Dear friends –

Our house was burglarized last Friday, July 23, 2010,  at 10:30 a.m. with lots of neighbors in front yards, etc.  Our case is interesting for two reasons:

Our burglar was Dyer Kennedy – I have enclosed his mug shot – you need to be familiar with his appearance (yes,  I know he is dressed as a female.)  He had been arrested the Monday July 19, 2010 and bonded out on a $2,500.00 bond.  These bonds are very low and it is easy to get out and repeat.  Be familiar with his appearance and, if you see him,  let him know he is being watched.

The second reason that our case is interesting is that, with the help of global positioning on my new I-Pad (which was one of the items stolen), we were able to track the person and assist the police in his arrest that evening.  We followed him to his house, to pawn shops …..  We did get back most of our stuff – except for some gold bracelets which I am still looking for at pawn shops – with the help of detectives.   I am very fortunate to have a wonderful staff – Francy and Joel – who helped me track this guy.  The police are unfamiliar with global positioning – but were extremely helpful.  I am very much “PRO L.P.D.” after this episode.

Note that my husband did interrupt the burglary and our alarm system alerted me at work.

We really need neighborhood cooperation in stopping this type of crime.

Thanks –

Dannie Botros
Booking Sheet

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! And way to be persistent too. I'm glad someone is getting a little justice around here. I love living in Tech Terrace but I hate the crime rate. Maybe this is the same person that broke into our home too about a month ago?? There is nothing more violating that being burgalarized.

    Also, it really creeps me out that this GUY looks like a girl. Good job Dannie and Good job LPD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The police are unfamiliar with global positioning"

    this is scary

    ReplyDelete